All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect: Error message -- Cannot INSERT to MySql Database

nugrohoanung
Engager

Hi splunkers,

I would like to insert in my table on MySql database using DB Connect, but i get an error :
java.sql.SQLException: Can not issue data manipulation statements with executeQuery().

the insert query is:
INSERT INTO sms_dump (remote_number,content) VALUES ('08178989988','test insert value');

Spesification :
Splunk DB Connect :3.1.1
Driver : mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar
GRANTS : GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON . TO 'merapi'@'192.168.3.xxx' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*E9DDA647E40EF883E5CEE2112CD514DF4xxxxxxx'

below is capture:
alt text

jmorais
Explorer

I did a insert in postgres and in a mysql 5.1 version, but in 5.7 version I had this problem...

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Hi,

I think you cant use dbxquery for inserting rows in table. Because dbxquery use "executeQuery()" command whereas to manipulate data you actually need executeUpdate().

You can use dbxoutput command. Refer below doc:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.2/DeployDBX/Createandmanagedatabaseoutputs

Also did you try creating output directly?

0 Karma

jmorais
Explorer

p_gurav, please help me here.

This is my query:

insert into schema.table_name (id, web_id, flg_active)
select * from (select ? as id, 4 as web_id, 1 as flg_active) as tmp where not exists (

select 1 from table_name where id = ? and web_id = 4 and flg_active = 1 )
and exists ( select 1 from table_name where id = ? and flg_active = 1) limit 1;

How I input this on the DBOutput if it's need the run a search on step 2?

0 Karma

jmorais
Explorer

I have the same problem... Any log error to undestand...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...