All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 2: Why does the RPC Service go through a restart loop in a Splunk 6.4 search head cluster?

jonathan_cooper
Communicator

I have a new install running Splunk 6.4 on RHEL 7. I have a Search Head Cluster with 3 members and pushed the DB Connect 2 app out via the Search Head Deployer. I have Java 1.8.0_77 installed on all of my Search Heads and configured the correct path within the DB Connect app (/usr/java/jre1.8.0_77). The RPC server status icon shows green, however, I noticed upon page refresh it would switch to "Down" and then with another refresh goes back to "Up".

In the rpc.log I can see the RPC server consistently restarting, as seen here:

alt text

I have debug logging enabled but it doesn't show anything of value. SELinux is permissive, and normal system logs do not report anything related. Could this be a bug with 6.4?

I also tested on a non-clustered SH and got the same result.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

DBX-2850: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/2.2.0/ReleaseNotes/Releasenotes#Fixed_issues 2.1.3 won't work on a 6.4 search head cluster, 2.2.0 will.

jonathan_cooper
Communicator

Read through the release notes, I must have skimmed that line. Thanks for the clarification! RTFM FTW.

0 Karma

jonathan_cooper
Communicator

Update: I was mistaken about the standalone SH, it seems to be working fine. This seems to be an issue with Search Head Clusters. Any ideas?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...