All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure setup error

derekruss
Engager

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up App for Windows Infrastructure and i get the the following error. I am not sure how to downgrade the version.

Thanks,

Derek

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

koshyk
Super Champion

Do you want to roll the entire Windows Infrastructure App or just fix and move forward?

Assuming you have standalone systems.
1. To fix and move forward, download the 5.0.1 version of Windows TA/addon. Go to https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/742/ and choose the 5.0.1 version. Download this and unzip and copy/move it to /opt/splunk/etc/apps of your installation (if standalone). Restart and redetect
2. If you want to downgrade or remove the "entire Windows Infrastructure App" , you can delete it/disable via the UI or just delete the app from backend and restart Splunk. Find the compatible apps/addon before you update next time.

View solution in original post

koshyk
Super Champion

Do you want to roll the entire Windows Infrastructure App or just fix and move forward?

Assuming you have standalone systems.
1. To fix and move forward, download the 5.0.1 version of Windows TA/addon. Go to https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/742/ and choose the 5.0.1 version. Download this and unzip and copy/move it to /opt/splunk/etc/apps of your installation (if standalone). Restart and redetect
2. If you want to downgrade or remove the "entire Windows Infrastructure App" , you can delete it/disable via the UI or just delete the app from backend and restart Splunk. Find the compatible apps/addon before you update next time.

derekruss
Engager

I want to set the entire thing up. I removed the directory and loaded 5.0.1 and I was able to continue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...