All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Web Analytics: Why am I getting "XML Syntax Error: Cannot find object mapper for panel type: title" trying to configure Websites?

ten_yard_fight
Path Finder

Has any one else experienced this error while configuring this app?
I click on Setup->Websites and receive this error

XML Syntax Error: Cannot find object mapper for panel type: title
0 Karma
1 Solution

jbjerke_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi

What version of Splunk are you running? This app uses some new dashboard features only introduced in Splunk 6.2.

To get around the error you are describing you can setup the sites by manually modifying the lookup file called WA_settings.csv

j

View solution in original post

jbjerke_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi

What version of Splunk are you running? This app uses some new dashboard features only introduced in Splunk 6.2.

To get around the error you are describing you can setup the sites by manually modifying the lookup file called WA_settings.csv

j

jbjerke_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The forwarders do not have to be running 6.2 . The app itself does not deal with any data capture, that needs to be configured outside the scope of the app.

The error above relates to new dashboard panel features introduced in 6.2 . Are you sure you are running 6.2 on the search head? Can you let me know exactly what dashboard you are trying to view that create that error?

j

0 Karma

ten_yard_fight
Path Finder

That explains it. I was running 6.1.4. Currently, upgrading to 6.2. Will reply back once fix is confirmed. Thank you for your feedback.

0 Karma

jpmackl

Do the forwarders need to be on 6.2 also? Our core environment is fully upgraded and starting to upgrade the forwarders. But it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...