All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Salesforce does not recognize password with special characters. Is there a workaround without having to change the password?

worshamn
Contributor

My Salesforce service account has both & and ^ characters in the password and the Splunk App for Salesforce seems to be having an issue with that, is there anyway around this without having to change the password? I ask because the account is being used elsewhere and I think it should be able to handle it.

Error Splunk is reporting (note that I replaced the part of the password that showed up in the logs with "character_string_from_password":

Could not login. Please check Username, Password, Token and the endpoint ERROR:  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:sf="urn:fault.partner.    soap.sforce.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode>UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION</faultcode><faultstring>UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: The reference to entity &quot;character_string_from_password&quot; must end with the &apos;;&apos; delimiter.</faultstring><detail><sf:UnexpectedErrorFault xsi:type="sf:UnexpectedErrorFault"><sf:exceptionCode>UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION</sf:exceptionCode><sf:exceptionMessage>The reference to entity &quot;character_string_from_password&quot; must end with the &apos;;&apos; delimiter.</sf:exceptionMessage></sf:UnexpectedErrorFault></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
0 Karma
1 Solution

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This would be a bug. Easier/faster way is to create a new account with just the permission needed and use it in app.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This would be a bug. Easier/faster way is to create a new account with just the permission needed and use it in app.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...