My Salesforce service account has both & and ^ characters in the password and the Splunk App for Salesforce seems to be having an issue with that, is there anyway around this without having to change the password? I ask because the account is being used elsewhere and I think it should be able to handle it.
Error Splunk is reporting (note that I replaced the part of the password that showed up in the logs with "character_string_from_password":
Could not login. Please check Username, Password, Token and the endpoint ERROR: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:sf="urn:fault.partner. soap.sforce.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode>UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION</faultcode><faultstring>UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: The reference to entity "character_string_from_password" must end with the ';' delimiter.</faultstring><detail><sf:UnexpectedErrorFault xsi:type="sf:UnexpectedErrorFault"><sf:exceptionCode>UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION</sf:exceptionCode><sf:exceptionMessage>The reference to entity "character_string_from_password" must end with the ';' delimiter.</sf:exceptionMessage></sf:UnexpectedErrorFault></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>