All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Active Directory - Group Policy Changes Error

stepmmx
Path Finder

Hello,
I have the following problem:

When I open the "Group Policy Changes" dashboard, I get the following error: "External search command 'ldapfetch' returned error code 255."

I switched the Perl loglevel to DEBUG and see this message in perl.log:
2012/07/30 10:29:21 pid=200 prio=FATAL file=C:\Tools\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_for_ActiveDirectory\bin\ldapfetch.pl line=38 method=main::DIE_handler msg="DH: Can't locate object method "tell" via package "IO::Handle" at Splunk/Intersplunk.pm line 303, line 9."

The other "Change Mgmt" Dashboards are working correctly.

The documentation states: "In order to remain cross-platform, the command uses Perl as a scripting language." Hmm, the result is, that this app officially only supports Linux OS. Great :(((

Nevertheless, I try to install the app under Windows OS.
I would suggest, that the next time, you wish to remain cross-platform, you chosse the "right" programming language (Java?)

The configuration of the Perl environment consumes 80% of the time, you need to install the app 😞

0 Karma
1 Solution

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Sorry - only just got to this. v1.1 is out now and totally revamps the LDAP calls that are needed to run this. Can you please re-check the problem?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Sorry - only just got to this. v1.1 is out now and totally revamps the LDAP calls that are needed to run this. Can you please re-check the problem?

0 Karma

stepmmx
Path Finder

it works now 🙂
Thanks for the support!

0 Karma

jnoga
Explorer

I wonder if this will be fixed in 1.1??

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

Hold tight, your prayers may be answered shortly 🙂

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...