All Apps and Add-ons

Rebuild Windows Host Lookup File in Citrix XenDesktop 7 App

tred23
Path Finder

When trying to run Rebuild Windows Host Lookup File under the Help menu in the Citrix XenDesktop 7 app I get the following error: Error in 'outputlookup' command: You have insufficient privileges to perform this operation.

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Go to Settings -> Access controls -> Roles -> New and create a role called can_outputfile and add to it the output_file capability. Then go to your User and add this new Role there.

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Go to Settings -> Access controls -> Roles -> New and create a role called can_outputfile and add to it the output_file capability. Then go to your User and add this new Role there.

tred23
Path Finder

That worked perfectly. Thank you for the spot on answer.

0 Karma

adayton20
Contributor

All 3 of your posts likely have to do with your account not having sufficient permissions for the app. A user must have "write" permissions to an app to modify objects.

0 Karma

tred23
Path Finder

The group I am a member of has Write permissions to the App

0 Karma

adayton20
Contributor

I'd walk through a few troubleshooting steps at this point. Have whoever your Splunk Admin on site try to do whatever it is that you're trying to do in the app. If he/she is able to do it, then you can derive it is likely a permission issue.

If he/she can't perform the task, I'd have him/her take a look to make sure the objects used in that app are not set to private and instead shared or set to global depending on how you're using it.

May also be worth while to explore some of the splunkd.log messages surrounding the that app.

I also see "Rebuild Machine to Site Lookup File" is conditional on the presence of the file "lookup_host_site.csv". Have you verified this file exists in your lookups and/or if you have write permissions to it?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...