All Apps and Add-ons

REST Modular Input terminates unexpectedly

yitzarad
Path Finder

Hi!

The REST API Modular Input App is really good!

However, I suffer from a situation where the application suddenly stops working. Well, The app itself does work, but the process which have to poll my REST API stops, and the only way to get it to continue polling, is to restart Splunk..

It happens when the site it have to poll is temporary down. I hold about 40 such input tasks, so this situation is likely to happen often.

When diving into the code, it seems that the "while True" catches very specific exceptions. In my case, requests.exceptions.ConnectionError is thrown from the first step (requests.get), so the whole loop is broken out.

Maybe, there should be a more robust mode (configurable), so no exception will break the loop?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Thanks for the feedback.

I just uploaded a new release incorporating your feedback , version1.0.5beta.

It should be available on Splunkbase in the next 30 mins.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Thanks for the feedback.

I just uploaded a new release incorporating your feedback , version1.0.5beta.

It should be available on Splunkbase in the next 30 mins.

0 Karma

sivapuvvada
Path Finder

Hi Damien ,

I have installed this app on SH and i am not seeing any REST input under datainputs , Could you please help me on this ,

0 Karma

yitzarad
Path Finder

what a quick response! i'll test it in a day or two. thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...