All Apps and Add-ons

Problem with Entering Code Sample

SarahWKarvenz
Path Finder

I cannot get my code to paste in as a code sample (I have another question to ask!). I have copied and pasted the advanced xml into both notepad and word, but am still unable to get it showing as xml in the preview pane below. I have tried pasting it in, then highlighting it and then clicking code block. I have tried hand-typing in the

tags and still, the code does not show as xml.

I have tried both IE 7 and Firefox 14.0.1. I have flash installed. Is there something else I am missing to get the code block working correctly?

Thanks,
Sarah

Example of how code gets pasted:

index=errvol_summary_fivemin report="1min_Counts" NOT CATEGORY="----" orig_host=$HOST$ JVM=$JVM$ APP=$APP$ LOG_PLATFORM=$LOG_PLATFORM$ DATACENTER=$DATACENTER$ CATEGORY=$CATEGORY$
PIPELINE=$PIPELINE$ | stats sum(count) AS count by APP DATACENTER JVM CATEGORY LOG_PLATFORM orig_host PIPELINE | eval host=orig_host

True
Last 15 Minutes

True

0 Karma

V_at_Splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi SarawWKarvenz,

This is a little script that will do exactly what you want.

:-)

cheers,

V

lukeh
Contributor

I am still seeing the same problem with the preview window (Jan 2013)

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You are correct. I am currently seeing a problem with the preview window.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In the formatting toolbar where you enter your question, click the button that says:

and paste your code there.

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, this is a known issue with the preview pane; it has been filed with the Splunk Answers team and a fix is in progress.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

this does appear to be a bug with the preview window

0 Karma

anwarmian
Communicator

Even then the preview window doesn't show it right.

0 Karma

SarahWKarvenz
Path Finder

Apparently it seems to be an issue with my preview window? Since the code now shows in my post correctly, but did not show in my preview pane correctly?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...