All Apps and Add-ons

[Noob :P] Very basic. How do I install this file?

sushmasbabu

I've downloaded the app, which is .tgz file. How do I run the app on windows? Isn't .tgz a compressed folder format? I tried extracting it but that just gives me the following folders:
alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

masonmorales
Influencer

In Splunk Web, click the "App" drop-down menu at the top left, select Manage Apps, click Install app from file, click Choose file, select the .TGZ file, then click the Upload button.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

In Splunk Web, click the "App" drop-down menu at the top left, select Manage Apps, click Install app from file, click Choose file, select the .TGZ file, then click the Upload button.

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

There are various ways to install that, also depending on the architecture of your splunk environment (single instance, distributed...).

This part of the documentation may be a good starting point: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Deployappsandadd-ons

If you want to get more concrete input here, it would greatly help if you could provide some info on your splunk architecture. Is this just a simple single instance splunk box, or part of a larger distributed setup?

For a simple single instance environment, you can just drop the extracted .tgz into etc/apps folder in your splunk install. Or install the open the tgz through the "install app from file" option in the "manage apps" page in Splunk Web GUI.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...