All Apps and Add-ons

No matching visualization found (DB Connect)

julio19
Explorer

Hi,
I have DB Connect V3.1, and connect correctly with my Datatabase Mongo.

But when I try use SQL Explore, show a message "No matching visualization found."

alt text

• I try use the commands dbxquery in the search and works!!
    alt text

• Also try Install again the app DB connect.

Some any idea fix the problem?

dillencehsu
Path Finder

You can find this visualization - ScatterLineChart and change it's permission from Global to App in MLTK app and you can solve this problem.

Modify YOUR_SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_ML_Toolkit/metadata/local.meta directly and insert a new stanza with below.

[visualizations/ScatterLineViz]
export = none

Then restart your Splunk Instance or using /debug/refresh?entity=admin/localappsto reload.

Happy Splunking >

butma2
Engager

This work like a charm. Running Splunk DB Connect version 3.3.1. Thank you!

worshamn
Contributor

I had this issue and opened a support case, I was told it would be fixed in the later version but as of 3.2.0 I am still getting the same problem too. It has to do with conflicts concerning visualization apps, support thought specifically "conflict with multiple matching visualizations set to global". However just simply removing visualizations one at a time or specific visualizations doesn't necessarily fix it as I have found strange combinations of visualizations that cause the issue. Some input I can offer is that I have found in some combinations (but not all, sorry that isn't terribly helpful) these visualizations installed cause it not to work in my instance:

heatmap_app
horizon_chart_app
horseshoe_meter_app
location_tracker_app
parallel_coordinates
punchcard_app
quick_state_app
SA-graphviz
sankey_diagram_app
scatterplot3d_app
viz_boxplot_app
viz_clustermap
viz_halo

All that being said, it can be very painful and tedious to discover which app(s) are causing the issue in your environment. Probably the best method is a scorched earth one where you remove all visualization apps and bring back one at a time, checking the datalab results with each one... like I said painful. Though of course the ideal state would be for Splunk to fix this in DB Connect.

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Scatterplot 3d was the issue in my instance.

Splunk support confirmed the case is with sustaining engineering with the core team. No ETA on a fix.

0 Karma

jingwangmskcc
Engager

Our solution is to rollback to previous working version. 3.1.3. I'm not sure if this bug is fixed in higher version, you may want to try to upgrade to version 3.2.x and see if that works.

0 Karma

parmenion_natha
Explorer

Has anyone managed to fix this issue.

If so how did you resolve this

0 Karma

Ahiory125
Explorer

Unistall App punchcard_app

burakcinar
Path Finder

i have same problem with 3.1.4

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...