All Apps and Add-ons

NGINX status API input - no data

jaxjohnny2000
Builder

Good day!

Below is the inputs.conf file created by the Data Inputs. I see the text /nginx_status in the access.log from the monitor inputs. However, we are not getting any NGINX status API input data. Could this nginx_status stanza need some improvement?

[nginx_status://nginx_status]
loglevel = INFO
start_by_shell = false
sourcetype = nginx:plus:api
host_name=http://127.0.0.1/nginx_status
interval = 60
disabled = 0
index = web_services

0 Karma

jaxjohnny2000
Builder

08-28-2019 19:13:38.814 +0000 INFO SpecFiles - Found external scheme definition for stanza "nginx_status://" with 2 parameters: loglevel, host_name
08-28-2019 19:13:38.917 +0000 ERROR ModularInputs - Introspecting scheme=nginx_status: script running failed (exited with code 1).
08-28-2019 19:13:38.917 +0000 ERROR ModularInputs - Unable to initialize modular input "nginx_status" defined inside the app "Splunk_TA_nginx": Introspecting scheme=nginx_status: script running failed (exited with code 1).

0 Karma

twinspop
Influencer

I see the same. It sure seems like the API input will require a full Splunk install since it requires python.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...