All Apps and Add-ons

NGINX status API input - no data

jaxjohnny2000
Builder

Good day!

Below is the inputs.conf file created by the Data Inputs. I see the text /nginx_status in the access.log from the monitor inputs. However, we are not getting any NGINX status API input data. Could this nginx_status stanza need some improvement?

[nginx_status://nginx_status]
loglevel = INFO
start_by_shell = false
sourcetype = nginx:plus:api
host_name=http://127.0.0.1/nginx_status
interval = 60
disabled = 0
index = web_services

0 Karma

jaxjohnny2000
Builder

08-28-2019 19:13:38.814 +0000 INFO SpecFiles - Found external scheme definition for stanza "nginx_status://" with 2 parameters: loglevel, host_name
08-28-2019 19:13:38.917 +0000 ERROR ModularInputs - Introspecting scheme=nginx_status: script running failed (exited with code 1).
08-28-2019 19:13:38.917 +0000 ERROR ModularInputs - Unable to initialize modular input "nginx_status" defined inside the app "Splunk_TA_nginx": Introspecting scheme=nginx_status: script running failed (exited with code 1).

0 Karma

twinspop
Influencer

I see the same. It sure seems like the API input will require a full Splunk install since it requires python.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...