All Apps and Add-ons

My Splunk userid doesn't work with Add-On Builder validation site "Login to the App Certification service failed"

Builder

I seem to be unable to connect to the Splunk Add-On Builder site to validate my package. I can't make the Test button on the credentials page pass.

We do have a proxy, but I've tried the configuration both with and without. I am 100% certain that this is my correct splunk.com id and password. I've just logged in to Splunk Answers (obviously 🙂 ) and the Splunk download site without issue. I keep getting

Login to the App Certification service failed. Verify your username and password and try again.

As for the proxy, there is a hostname and a port number. There is no username/password for our proxy server so I leave those blank.

splunkappaddon-buildertabuilder_validation.log shows me

2018-07-03 09:36:53,178 INFO pid=17325 tid=CP WSGIServer Thread-19 file=app_cert.py:_get_app_cert_conf:264 | Get the app_cert settings.
2018-07-03 09:36:54,212 ERROR pid=17325 tid=CP WSGIServer Thread-19 file=app_cert.py:get_token:140 | Authentication failed for App Certification.

splunkappaddon-buildertabuilder.log shows

2018-07-03 09:36:52,901 INFO pid=17325 tid=CP WSGIServer Thread-19 file=builder_ta_extraction.py:__init__:61 | Init Splunk Regex Loader...
2018-07-03 09:36:54,212 DEBUG pid=17325 tid=CP WSGIServer Thread-19 file=rest_client.py:send_request:130 | Failed to send rest request=https://api.splunk.com/2.0/rest/login/splunk, errcode=401, reason=Authentication failure, invalid access credentials.

I also tried this on my home server which has no proxy and is behind a firewall. I got the same result when trying to connect with my id.

Splunk 7.1.1 on Linux (SLES 12.1). Add-On Builder 2.2.0

I looked at other answers that seemed to be somewhat related. All of those people seemed to have some situations where they could connect successfully.

I looked at the documentation again and it didn't seem to say that I needed any special privileges to get this access other than my regular splunk.com account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

Builder

After working through the Splunk support ticket, the issue seemed to be that the validation site doesn't like it if your password contains a colon. I was told that there's already an open issue about that.

I changed my password to not contain a colon and could run the validation.

FYI.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Builder

After working through the Splunk support ticket, the issue seemed to be that the validation site doesn't like it if your password contains a colon. I was told that there's already an open issue about that.

I changed my password to not contain a colon and could run the validation.

FYI.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

AoB leverages the splunk.com authentication to login app certification. Do you mind to create an JIRA? Then I can ask app cert team to check if your username exists in their list. Thanks.

0 Karma

Builder

I opened support ticket 946120 just a few minutes ago.

thanks

0 Karma