All Apps and Add-ons

Interface with Outlook from Dashboard

merzinger_prude
Explorer

I have a Splunk dashboard that displays an email address as one field. The client would like to be able to click on the email address and then launch an Outlook email form with the email and subject line populated. The user would be able to further edit the email before they initiate the send. Is this possible to do from a Splunk dashboard?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Ranazar
Path Finder

Give this a try.

Let's say the field name in the panel is "email_address". Edit the drilldown for the panel and choose "Link to custom URL". For the URL, use:

mailto:$row.email_address$

This should open up a new email in whatever the default email client is for the workstation. So as long as Outlook is the default client, then this should work.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

maityayan1996
Path Finder

Could you please tell me how I can set the email subject dynamically?

0 Karma

Ranazar
Path Finder

Give this a try.

Let's say the field name in the panel is "email_address". Edit the drilldown for the panel and choose "Link to custom URL". For the URL, use:

mailto:$row.email_address$

This should open up a new email in whatever the default email client is for the workstation. So as long as Outlook is the default client, then this should work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...