All Apps and Add-ons

How to get prediction for next few days for certain categories?

pramit46
Contributor

I have disk utilization log for which i want to do prediction for next 3 days for the following levels:
location, client, server

Problem is timechart (which is required for the predict command) does not allow more than one field. How do i proceed?
I am using ml app.
My search command is something like this:

Search data| apply model|timechart avg(usage) as avg by location|predict avg future_timespan=3

How do i incorporate client and server in this so that i get prediction for each level?

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Basically, you can only do one thing at a time. However, you can fake out the system

Search data
| apply model
| eval mygroupfield=mvappend("L=".location,
    "L=".location."!!!!C=".client,
    "L=".location."!!!!C=".client."!!!!S=".server)
| fields - location client server
| mvexpand mygroupfield
| timechart avg(usage) as avg by mygroupfield
| predict avg future_timespan=3

After that, you can filter or break up the predictions as you choose using something like this:

| rex mygroupfield  "L=(?<location>.+?)(!!!!C=(?<client>.+?))?(!!!!S=(?<server>.+?))?$"

There will be a single record for each location, a record for each location-client, and a record for each location-client-server.

0 Karma

pramit46
Contributor

thanks a lot. but the predict command says cannot find the field avg. when I look into the timechart, I see due to breakup, it shows all the values of mygroupfield but no specific group called avg or avg(usage).
any idea what I can do for this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...