All Apps and Add-ons

How to enable Javascript for Splunk App

thinhdinh
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers,

I am developing a custom app and I am using React to build an user interface for it. I have tested on my local and it works well. But when I copy all files to /opt/splunk/etc/apps/flowdock/default/data/ui/alerts this directory, I got error like below picture:

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 13.56.06.png

How can we solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

There are quite many similar questions already e.g. below

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Dashboards-Visualizations/Where-should-I-put-my-JavaScript-and-CSS-f...

The correct place to JS and CSS is 

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<appname>/appserver/static/

r. Ismo 

thinhdinh
Path Finder

Hi @isoutamo Thank you for your answer. if inside html file we still have javascript code, do we need to move them as well? Cause I have been moved those files under appserver/static but it is still not working.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

are you using simpleXML or pure html files (converted from simpleXML)?

I think that the solution could  be more simple if all JS files are in one place and you then include those to the dashboards.

r. Ismo

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Dashboards-Visualizations/How-to-load-Javascript-CSS-in-Splunk-to-bu...

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Dashboards-Visualizations/How-do-you-add-JS-in-xml/td-p/373307

0 Karma

thinhdinh
Path Finder

Hi,

I am not using simpleXML. I just coded the GUI using React and then I build the project to html and js files. If you looked at the warning, it comes from the noscript tag inside my HTML file. It seems we need to enable javascript somewhere under splunk app?! Bytheway I only have a basic form like this:

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 15.49.34.png

0 Karma

thinhdinh
Path Finder

@isoutamo Sorry, I have to disable your question as a solution. Because I just realised we were missing understanding about my issue. Actually I want to run javascript inside the HTML file from this directory:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/app_name/default/data/ui/alerts

Basically this file is the form, where we get inputs from users, when they are creating alerts. For the dashboards, sure we are able to run js and I am building a custom dashboard using React and it works.

0 Karma

thinhdinh
Path Finder

Here's the content of my HTML file:

<!doctype html>
<html lang="en">

<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1" />
    <meta name="theme-color" content="#000000" />
    <meta name="description" content="Web site created using create-react-app" />
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/logo192.png" />
    <link rel="manifest" href="/manifest.json" />
    <title>Flowdock App</title>
</head>

<body><noscript>You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.</noscript>
    <div id="root"></div>
    <script src="/static/js/index.js"></script>
    <script src="/static/js/2.a630fc11.chunk.js"></script>
    <script src="/static/js/main.5040630f.chunk.js"></script>
</body>

</html>

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...