All Apps and Add-ons

How do you resolve a Splunk DB Connect MSSQL Error?

solongo

Hi All,

I was able to create 3 MSSQL connections using Generic Driver successfully. But the 4th connection fails with "DBX Server did not respond within 310 seconds, please make sure it is started and listening on 9998 port or consult documentation for details.

HTTPConnectionPool(host='127.0.0.1', port=9998): Read timed out. (read timeout=310)"

On log, I can see "Prelogin error: host 172.xx.x.xx port 1433 Error reading prelogin response: Connection timed out (Read failed)"

I am using DB Connect v 3.1.4.

Kindly advise how to resolve this issue. Thank you

0 Karma
1 Solution

jbrocks
Communicator

I am not sure, if this is your solution, but with DB Connect input, you can set a timeout (the time, Splunk waits for an answer, after query is fired). It is possible, that your data base is very large, which needs some more time to get a response. At first i would just try playing around with the time out value (in seconds).

View solution in original post

0 Karma

solongo

This issue has been resolved by enabling the application on firewall, previously only the ports were enabled.

0 Karma

solongo

This issue has been resolved by adding the application to whitelist on firewall, previously only the ports were enabled.

0 Karma

arunsundarm
Engager

Which application needs to be added

0 Karma

jbrocks
Communicator

I am not sure, if this is your solution, but with DB Connect input, you can set a timeout (the time, Splunk waits for an answer, after query is fired). It is possible, that your data base is very large, which needs some more time to get a response. At first i would just try playing around with the time out value (in seconds).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...