All Apps and Add-ons

Fix Input Name Bug Splunk Add-on for Google Cloud Platform

timonix
Explorer

When using the Splunk Add-on for Google Cloud Platform the input name cannot contain slashes.

"GCP Cloud Pub/Sub Input" <== This will break with the following error.

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_google-cloudplatform/bin/google_cloud_pubsub.py" OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/modinputs/google_cloud_pubsub/GCP Cloud Pub/Sub Input.lock'

Special characters should be disallowed in the input name on that add-on. Additionally, the input name should be properly escaped.

P.S.
Please update the horrible, horrible documentation around how to configure that add-on.

1 Solution

timonix
Explorer

The answer is more or less in the question. But I was hoping this would be an avenue to help others troubleshoot issues they were having with the add-on as well as get the issue some visibility with the add-on maintainers.

View solution in original post

timonix
Explorer

The answer is more or less in the question. But I was hoping this would be an avenue to help others troubleshoot issues they were having with the add-on as well as get the issue some visibility with the add-on maintainers.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@timonix If your problem is resolved, please accept the answer to help future readers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@timonix Join us on slack (splk.it/slack) and find the #gsuite_app channel, if there is something Google related that you need, no promises, but I've been thinking of doing pubsub for G Suite if some other app doesn't do it (or doesn't do it well)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...