All Apps and Add-ons

Error Message when Installing VMware App

jrsanders
Path Finder

I'm trying to install the Splunk App for VMware. I unzip the file in the Splunk home directory, and verified that all the files and folders are there. Afterwards I restarted the Splunk service. I have joined the admin account to the splunk_vmware_admin and the splunk_vmware_user groups. Lastly I clicked the app drop down menu and selected VMware. The next screen ask you to configure the app. I selected the defaults and got the following error message.

"Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'localapps': Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/splunk_for_vmware/admin/splunk_for_vmware/general_settings"

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this issue, but I'm sure it just something I over looked. Has anyone else seen this?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jrsanders
Path Finder

Just figured what I did wrong. When I unzip the file I was under the "root" user. I had to change ownership to the "splunk" user which then opened everything up. A silly mistake on my side.

View solution in original post

jrsanders
Path Finder

Just figured what I did wrong. When I unzip the file I was under the "root" user. I had to change ownership to the "splunk" user which then opened everything up. A silly mistake on my side.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...