All Apps and Add-ons

DB connect data Input not working in splunk. Please help.

saikatr
Path Finder

We have a database data input which has stopped pulling data from an oracle database over the last 7-8 hours. I have tried disabling and re enabling the data inputs to no effect. i have also gone to manage apps> splunk DB connect>view objects and disabled and re enabled the object related to that database but no luck there either.

Then i tried to restart the splunk services on the indexers, one of them started fine but the other one keeps going into upgrade setup every time we try to start or stop it (it mistakes the start/stop for upgrade request, I presume).

  1. Has anyone faced this forced upgrade issue before? How to troubleshoot it?
  2. Do you think the two issues are related? Will restarting services on the indexer solve the first issue?
0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For this sort of urgent issue, it's probably better to call support... I'm not seeing which version of DB Connect or Splunk you're using, which would definitely affect the potential answer.

saikatr
Path Finder

Also we tried to create a diagnosis file on the indexer server, for adding to a splunk.com case I have already raised, but even the diag command is making the upgrade setup open up and we are unable to capture the diag file.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Improve Your Security Posture

Watch NowImprove Your Security PostureCustomers are at the center of everything we do at Splunk and security ...

Maximize the Value from Microsoft Defender with Splunk

 Watch NowJoin Splunk and Sens Consulting for this Security Edition Tech TalkWho should attend:  Security ...

This Week's Community Digest - Splunk Community Happenings [6.27.22]

Get the latest news and updates from the Splunk Community here! News From Splunk Answers ✍️ Splunk Answers is ...