All Apps and Add-ons

Azure eventhub input error with Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services

martinborjesson
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi,

Im using ver 4.1.5 of the cloud services Add-on on my HF Splunk ver 8.0.9.

I've configured an Azure App Account in the App and a input for collecting Azure Devops Audit data. But im not getting any logs in to Splunk. Im getting below warning message in "splunk_ta_microsoft_cloudservices_mscs_azure_event_hub_AzureDevopsAudit.log"

2021-09-09 08:22:45,926 level=WARNING pid=84608 tid=Thread-2 logger=uamqp.authentication.cbs_auth pos=cbs_auth.py:handle_token:122 | Authentication Put-Token failed. Retries exhausted.

CPU rises to 90% when input is enabled.

Any ideas?

Regards, Martin

Labels (1)
0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I've heard of this before, and it was an issue with the "Firewalls and virtual networks" settings in the Networking section on the event hub namespace.  The settings were blocking the incoming connection from the Splunk add-on.  After allowing the IP address (or CIDR) of the Splunk forwarder, data started coming in.

Reference => https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/event-hubs/event-hubs-ip-filtering

0 Karma

martinborjesson
Loves-to-Learn Lots

@jconger 

Thanks!

Firewall/Network settings looks fine. However im seeing a lot of the error below:

2021-09-14 15:06:02,025 level=WARNING pid=25855 tid=Thread-1 logger=azure.eventhub._eventprocessor.event_processor pos=event_processor.py:_do_receive:334 | EventProcessor instance 'xxxxx' of xxxx' partition '0' consumer group '$Default'. An error occurred while receiving. The exception is TypeError('list indices must be integers or slices, not str').
0 Karma
Register for .conf21 Now! Go Vegas or Go Virtual!

How will you .conf21? You decide! Go in-person in Las Vegas, 10/18-10/21, or go online with .conf21 Virtual, 10/19-10/20.