All Apps and Add-ons

App Extracts Fields Incorrectly

clozach
Path Finder

Hello,

I'm curious what my options are for the given scenario. We have the stealthbits file monitoring app that works decently well in regards to its saved searched and dashboards, but when looking through the events and how they are extracted they have a few values that are incorrect. I don't want to get rid of the whole app, but I want to make sure all fields get extracted. Outside of contacting the vendor, which we already did, is there anything else I can do?

Could I just use the extract fields option on the search head and extract fields that are incorrect? Do I need to go into the regex of the app and actually find the bug? Or possibly creating a new app that extracts just the fields that are mapped incorrectly and then use that source type whenever I search for those fields?

Let me know if you can think of any other work around to this, thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...