All Apps and Add-ons

App Exporter

kennethhartley1
Engager

When using "App Exporter" where does the app go after you hit the "export" button. It doesn't look like the app is working. Do I open a folder and hit ctrl V or something?

Thank you in advance.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi kennethhartley1,

It's I again 🙂

The app hits the REST endpoint /services/apps/local/$$title$$/package to create the app package, and https://$row.splunk_server$:$row.mgmt_port$/static/app-packages/$row.name$.spl to download the package to your computer.

Try to do it with an account that has the admin role to be sure to have the correct capabilities. Nevertheless I summon @martin_mueller the creator of the app just in case he needs to add something.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That path is burned into the REST endpoint used by the app: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.2/RESTREF/RESTapps#apps.2Flocal.2F.7Bname.7D.2Fpacka...

What version are you on?

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Correct. On the server file system they sit in etc/system/static/app-packages or something similar, should be mentioned in the package endpoint rest docs.

0 Karma

kennethhartley1
Engager

Whups, put that question in the wrong spot. Here it is:

Thank you for such a quick response, gentlemen. I am still having trouble, though.

Perhaps it is because I am running standalone machines with no network access and no LAN but the etc/system/static path ends with no apppackages folder/file. Could app exporter be creating the package somewhere else?

I am using my admin account and have mostly all default settings in my Splunk instances.

0 Karma

kundeng
Path Finder

Getting direct download is deprecated on splunk 9.X?  The app_exporter has many issues, but the biggest one is that it no longer works in splunk cloud as far as I can tell. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...