Alerting

change format of token $job.earliesttime$

ajitshukla61116
Path Finder

Hi,
I have an alert query which runs after every 30 minutes and has a relative time range of last 30 minutes. There is a mail action triggered on this search in which i have send $job.earliesttime$ and $ job.latesttime$ which gives me the time period of this search but i need to change the format of this time period to utc .
How can i do it.
Please help

0 Karma

jawaharas
Motivator

As @niketnilay mentioned,
1. You can use addinfo command to get 'Job search time'.
2. Format the timestamp using strftime as below.

| makeresults 
| eval message="My Email Message"
| addinfo
| eval job_search_time=strftime(info_search_time,"%d-%m-%Y")
| table message,job_search_time

--

And, you can include the custom field in your email subject/body using $result.job_search_time$ field.

0 Karma

ajitshukla61116
Path Finder

Convert ctime is not working.Error is ->"Error in 'convert' command: The conversion specifier is invalid. It must be convert_type(key)."

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@ajitshukla61116 You can pipe the addinfo command to your existing search for alert and get info_min_time and info_max_time as earliest and latest time as epoch. Then you can use strftime() to convert epoch time to your expected string time.

ajitshukla61116
Path Finder

can you please help me how to do it

0 Karma

sandeepmakkena
Contributor

| convert ctime($job.earliesttime$) ctime($ job.latesttime$)

This should work.

0 Karma

ajitshukla61116
Path Finder

ctime isnt working ..error is->"Error in 'convert' command: The conversion specifier is invalid. It must be convert_type(key).". please help

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...