Alerting

Splunk Alert from 6 am?

karthi2809
Builder

I have a scenario that the alert need to be triggered at 6 AM , But i will get the logs from 3 AM ? How to set earliest and latest time stamp for the scenario?
In other words it should run every 3hrs. Please help me on same ?

I set earliest :@d+3h and latest :@d+6h

Tags (2)
0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

If I am understanding correctlty your schedule search will run at every 3 hours & at 00 minutes and fetch last 3 hours data, in that case earliest time will be -3h@h and latest time will be either now or @h

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Harshil

karthi2809
Builder

Thanks,

But i need to set up alert which start from next day 6 am and continuously for every three hours .before that i dont want to alert trigger.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

@karthi2809 Do you mean to say you want to search future data ?

0 Karma

nawneel
Communicator

@karthi2809 data come at 0300 HRS and and you want to schedule alert from 0600 at every 3 hours. is that understanding correct ? if so , schedule your alerts from 0300 using CRON and run it for last 3 hours.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...