Alerting

Splunk Alert from 6 am?

karthi2809
Builder

I have a scenario that the alert need to be triggered at 6 AM , But i will get the logs from 3 AM ? How to set earliest and latest time stamp for the scenario?
In other words it should run every 3hrs. Please help me on same ?

I set earliest :@d+3h and latest :@d+6h

Tags (2)
0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

If I am understanding correctlty your schedule search will run at every 3 hours & at 00 minutes and fetch last 3 hours data, in that case earliest time will be -3h@h and latest time will be either now or @h

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Harshil

karthi2809
Builder

Thanks,

But i need to set up alert which start from next day 6 am and continuously for every three hours .before that i dont want to alert trigger.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

@karthi2809 Do you mean to say you want to search future data ?

0 Karma

nawneel
Communicator

@karthi2809 data come at 0300 HRS and and you want to schedule alert from 0600 at every 3 hours. is that understanding correct ? if so , schedule your alerts from 0300 using CRON and run it for last 3 hours.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...