Alerting

Splunk 9.0.4 Custom Attachment Name for Emails from Saved Search

landrujw
Engager

I need to change the format of the name of the .csv attachments on reports from my organization's saved searches. I've gone through the older solutions but they don't seem to be valid anymore.
The goal is when a report sends an email with a .csv attachment to have the timestamp be "$name$-$time:%Y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S$" instead of just "$name$-$time:%Y-%m-%d".
Neither setting the reportFileName in alert_actions.conf or adding an action.email.reportFileName line to the saved search itself is changing the name of the file. Is there a workaround for Splunk 9?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

Gr0und_Z3r0
Contributor

Hi @landrujw 

One way to do it would be, in the search set the current time in whichever format you want in a field.
And use this field in the report name. Something like this "$name$ - $myReportTime$"

~ If the reply helps, a Karma upvote would be appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...