Alerting

Saved Searches are failing with error

dmcneill3

Hi All,
Recently I have noticed that some of the our Saved Searches are failing with the errors like below,

"Failed to start search for id="scheduler__abcde__Qk1TX1dNX0lOVEdfTUVUUklDUw__RMD57438a1f3bbe5dac6_at_1588593600_88844". Dropping failedtostart token at path=/opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch/scheduler__abcde_Qk1TX1dNX0lOVEdfTUVUUklDUw__RMD57438a1f3bbe5dac6_at_1588593600_88844 to expedite dispatch cleanup

Could anyone suggest what could be the issue ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Take a look at the scheduler log. I don't have any time-outs on my system so I don't what specifically to look for, but index=_internal source=*scheduler.log status!=success is a good start.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

dmcneill3

Scheduler log tells you about skipped and successful searches but does not tell you about timeouts.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...