Alerting

Query for DHCP not returning acknowledgement

waJesu
Path Finder

I need to create an alert for when my DHCP server is not returning acknowledgement. Please help

Labels (1)
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

but I am specifically looking to create an alert for DHCP broadcasts with no acknowledgement// 

Hi @waJesu i am not much sure of this.. but, let me ask, how to find out "DHCP broadcasts with no acknowledgement".. is it updated into some logs or you have some splunk search query?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you logging data from your DHCP server in Splunk?  If so, see https://www.duanewaddle.com/proving-a-negative/.  If not, then start onboarding DHCP info then read the information at the link above.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

waJesu
Path Finder

Yeah the DHCP is bring logs into Splunk but I am specifically looking to create an alert for DHCP broadcasts with no acknowledgement. Please help along those lines. Thank you for the link. Though it doesn't have my solution, it is still helpful information to keep.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...