Alerting

My emails alert can't send from my server.

userno1

Hello,

I have a problem with splunk because email alerts can't send from my server. I use smtp.gmail.com and port 587. If I check by telnet smtp.gmail.com 587 everything is ok and I connect to 220 mx.google.com ESMTP

If I use other simple software for only sent email by smtp.gmail.com 587, it works.

Where can I start to find a solution?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

cramasta
Builder

its not a config, you are running it as a search in the search app

index=_internal email@address.com

this will search the splunk internal logs for any errors when trying to send a email to that user

0 Karma

jitendra0101
Engager

hi I got many errors , how can I send email from splunk.

0 Karma

takwa

Hi, I run it, but no result or error appear, however i cannot receive email . What can be the rootcause ?

0 Karma

userno1

Sorry but I can't find this. Can you explain more precisely? Step by step?

0 Karma

cramasta
Builder

do a search for

index=_internal email@address.com

replace email@address.com with one of the addresses that you are trying to send the email to.

see if there are any errors listed

0 Karma

userno1

Where can I find this config?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...