Alerting

Alert stopped triggering

ckeller2791
Explorer

Have an alert that use to trigger and send an email, the alert details are

SEARCH STRING: source="WinEventLog:Security" EventCode=4740
| eval SecurityID = mvfilter(match(Security_ID,"DOMAIN*"))
| eval Computer = Caller_Computer_Name
| dedup SecurityID,_time
| table _time,SecurityID,Computer

Alert Type :Scheduled , Run on Cron Schedule
Time Range: Last 15 minutes
Cron Expression: */5 * * * *
Trigger alert when: Number of Results, is greater than 0
Trigger: For each result
Trigger Actions: Add to Triggered Alerts, Send email

On Friday last week it was working, come Monday the alert does not trigger. I've tested the search and even added to a dashboard and I can see the output in the dashboard. However the alert is never triggered, it no longer shows in the "Triggered Alerts". I've even ran the search and added the "sendemail" command which was successful. I've altered the permission on the alert to "Everyone" read/write and still has not affect. Some direction or suggestions would be welcomed.

-Chris Keller

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mayurr98
Super Champion

did you check internal logs for the errors?
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/517/how-to-search-recent-alerts-fired-by-splunk.html

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

did you check internal logs for the errors?
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/517/how-to-search-recent-alerts-fired-by-splunk.html

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler

0 Karma

ckeller2791
Explorer

Thanks, found the problem even though doesn't show as an error:

03-05-2019 16:20:00.662 -0500 INFO SavedSplunker - savedsearch_id="nobody;search;Active Directory Accounts Locked Out", search_type="scheduled", user="admin", app="search", savedsearch_name="Active Directory Accounts Locked Out", priority=default, status=skipped, reason="The maximum number of concurrent running jobs for this historical scheduled search on this cluster has been reached", concurrency_category="historical_scheduled", concurrency_context="saved-search_cluster-wide"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...