Splunk Search

Timechart with Convert Timeformat

hartfoml
Motivator

So i can build a timechart like this:

| timechart limit=3 span=1m count by host useother=F 

But when I export the results the time format is not readable
How to I format the _time in Timechart or how do I create this kind of chart so that I can format or convert the _time

_time sys01 sys06 srv01 srv02

1334078460 3 2 2 3

1334078520 2 3 2 2

1334078580 3 2 3 3

1334078640 3 3 3 3

1334078700 2 3 2 2

1334078760 2 2 2 2

1334078820 2 2 2 2

Tags (3)
1 Solution

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

try to convert after the timechart.

* | timechart span=1d count by source | convert timeformat=""%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"" ctime(_time) AS date | sort _time | fields - _time | table date *

View solution in original post

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

try to convert after the timechart.

* | timechart span=1d count by source | convert timeformat=""%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"" ctime(_time) AS date | sort _time | fields - _time | table date *

0 Karma

pbankar
Path Finder

@yannK , thanks for your input.
I'm not getting the exact time for the query.
For example: If I have a DateTime: 2019-12-19T15:03:20Z I see 2019-12-19T00:00:00Z
How can I get the exact DateTime for the event?

my query:
eventtype="xxxxxxx" state!=null xxxx="*" | timechart count by state | convert timeformat="%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ" ctime(_time) AS DateTime | sort _time | fields - _time | table DateTime, *

0 Karma

hartfoml
Motivator

Ya Man this did it thanks

0 Karma

tysonstewart
Path Finder

Try

... | timechart limit=3 span=1m count by host useother=F | eval Time=strftime(_time,"%H:%M:%S") | table Time,*

Use of convert is considered deprecated, so the eval will accomplish the same thing, then table will reorder the columns.

mikeydee77
Path Finder

Helpful description of the commands. Thanks

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

did you try with | convert ctime(_time)

hartfoml
Motivator

Ya thanks I tried that first thing.

I tried | convert timeformat="%H:%M:%S" ctime(_time) AS Time | timechart limit=3 span=1m count by host useother=F

But I didn't know how to work in the "Time" veritable

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...