Splunk Search

How to edit my search to match a field in events to a field in a CSV lookup table, and output all corresponding results?

athorat
Communicator

Lookuptable = C360_USERS.csv
Fields: USERID,EMPLOYEEID,AVAYAID,FIRSTNAME,LASTNAME,LOCATIONNAME,JOBCODE,JOBTITLE

I want to get all the results from the lookuptable matching userGID from the query. How do I join these two fields userGID and USERID and get all the information in a table format?

index=MRM | eval array=split(_raw,"*"), userGID=mvindex(array,9)|lookup C360_USER ......
Tags (3)
0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this (lookup match is case sensitive)

index=MRM | eval array=split(_raw,""), userGID*=mvindex(array,9)| lookup C360_USERS.csv USERID AS userGID | where isnotnull(EMPLOYEEID) | table USERID,EMPLOYEEID,AVAYAID,FIRSTNAME,LASTNAME,LOCATIONNAME,JOBCODE,JOBTITLE

*OR*

| inputlookup C360_USERS.csv [index=MRM | eval array=split(_raw,""), userGID*=mvindex(array,9) | rename userGID AS USERID | table USERID] |table USERID,EMPLOYEEID,AVAYAID,FIRSTNAME,LASTNAME,LOCATIONNAME,JOBCODE,JOBTITLE 
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this

| inputlookup C360_USERS.csv | search [search index=MRM | eval array=split(_raw,""), userGID*=mvindex(array,9 | stats count by userGID | table userGID | rename userGID as USERID] 
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...