Splunk Search

How do I display the average processing time after the total count?

ten_yard_fight
Path Finder

Fellow Splunkers, I have a chart that displays my Apache processing times as such

Seconds     count
0           191952
1           3494
2           408
3- 5        3429
5- 10       277
10- 20      294
20- 60      95   
60-120      13   
120-300     23   
300-600     3

The search command is a simple

index="log_index" | eval LatencyRanges=case(seconds=0, "0 sec", seconds=1, "1 sec", etc., etc.) | stats count by LatencyRanges

What can I use after this to display the Average Second for the Total count as my last field?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Karma

ten_yard_fight
Path Finder

for anyone interested in using a search similar to mine for getting avg response time.

...| eval seconds=spent*1.0e-6 | eventstats avg(seconds) AS Avg_Response_time_in_sec | eval Avg_Response_time_in_sec=round(Avg_Response_time_in_sec, 0) | chart count AS #Requests by Avg_Response_time_in_sec

So it take processing time in microseconds and converts to seconds, does an average of the total count of seconds and puts into the Avg_Response_time_in_sec field, then charts it out...

0 Karma

jonuwz
Influencer
... | eventstats avg(count) as avg_count
0 Karma

ten_yard_fight
Path Finder

Thanks for replying. I finally got around to playing with this one. I tweaked it a little but I got the concept.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...