Splunk Search

Excluding a list of IP's from the results

samble
Path Finder

I have a list of IP's in a CSV that I need to exclude from the results of a query. Below is a my query. How can I apply the lookup feature or something else to accomplish this? I would like to include all the destination IP's that I want to exclude in the CSV and display the top ten destination IP's thanks.

sourcetype="cisco:sourcefire:appliance:syslog" AccessControlRuleAction=Allow AND NOT DstIP=172.* | top limit=10 DstIP

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming your list of excluded IPs is in a lookup file called 'exclude.csv', the query would look something like this:

sourcetype="cisco:sourcefire:appliance:syslog" AccessControlRuleAction=Allow NOT [|inputlookup exclude,csv | fields ip | format] | top limit=10 DstIP

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming your list of excluded IPs is in a lookup file called 'exclude.csv', the query would look something like this:

sourcetype="cisco:sourcefire:appliance:syslog" AccessControlRuleAction=Allow NOT [|inputlookup exclude,csv | fields ip | format] | top limit=10 DstIP

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

samble
Path Finder

Thanks for your guidance. I had to make a slight change and it worked. It wanted the fields also as DstIP

sourcetype="cisco:sourcefire:appliance:syslog" AccessControlRuleAction=Allow NOT [|inputlookup Exclude.csv | fields DstIP | format] | top limit=10 DstIP

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...