Splunk Search

Comparing Two Lookup Files

cgalligan
Explorer

I have two lookup files: 1) vulnerability results and 2) asset information. I want to take the vulnerability results, compare by IP to the asset information; and add device numbers to the results.

Vulnerability results (FILE 1) has a column called "IP"
Asset Information (FILE2) has columns called deviceId, POC, and scanIp.

IP and scanIp would match

Current search (which returns no results): |inputlookup FILE1|lookup FILE2 scanIp OUTPUTNEW deviceId,POC|table IP,deviceId,POC

Any ideas?

0 Karma
1 Solution

elliotproebstel
Champion

Because the field name is different in the two lookups, you'll need to use an AS clause to alias the field you're looking up. Try this:

|inputlookup FILE1|lookup FILE2 scanIp AS IP OUTPUTNEW deviceId,POC|table IP,deviceId,POC

View solution in original post

elliotproebstel
Champion

Because the field name is different in the two lookups, you'll need to use an AS clause to alias the field you're looking up. Try this:

|inputlookup FILE1|lookup FILE2 scanIp AS IP OUTPUTNEW deviceId,POC|table IP,deviceId,POC

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...