Splunk Enterprise

Hi I want to ask " Can I change the number (212),(42) and 181 to the word that I want?

khairilfirza
Explorer

Hi I want to ask if there is anyway for me to change the number to the words.
For example I want to the number 212 is display as maxis.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

datasearchninja
Communicator

Yes you can do this with a case statement, so assuming your graph is currently produced like this, where the numbers are in afield call 'line':

| stats count by line

You could then do this, defaulting back to the number if you haven't set a value:

| eval text=case(line=="181","text_for_181",line=="211","text_for_211",line=="212","maxis",line==42","text_for_42",1==1,line)
| stats count by text

View solution in original post

0 Karma

khairilfirza
Explorer

alt text

datasearchninja
Communicator

Yes you can do this with a case statement, so assuming your graph is currently produced like this, where the numbers are in afield call 'line':

| stats count by line

You could then do this, defaulting back to the number if you haven't set a value:

| eval text=case(line=="181","text_for_181",line=="211","text_for_211",line=="212","maxis",line==42","text_for_42",1==1,line)
| stats count by text
0 Karma

khairilfirza
Explorer

Thanks Colin for a good answer.

Unfortunately I'm so beginner in splunk. Can you show me where I should put your code?

0 Karma

datasearchninja
Communicator

Hi, can you send through the search from the search bar that made the graph in your original post? (If it is in a dashboard, when you mouseover it, you can select the magnifying lens icon to open the underlying search)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...