Splunk Enterprise Security

Phantom: Playbook that Prompts for User Input

jamolson
Path Finder

Wondering if Phantom has the ability to prompt for user input in a playbook.
Like a simple text box popup to allow for more dynamic notes.

From what we have seen it seems like you can really only do this with an App but that seems a bit much for some situations.
If anyone has done this, could you share how you did it?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jamolson
Path Finder

So we found a work around for those interested.
We used the built in prompt function and use the effective_user_id and rest to make sure the prompt is sent directly to the user that ran the playbook.

import requests
import json
container_id=container.get("id")
effective_id = phantom.get_effective_user()
r = requests.get("https://127.0.0.1/rest/ph_user/" + str(effective_id),verify=False)
result = json.loads(r.content)
user = str(result['username'])
message = """Prompt Message."""

phantom.prompt(container=container, user=user, message=message, respond_in_mins=10, name="prompt_1", callback=add_comment_6)

This seems to work well, if anyone has found a better way please share.

View solution in original post

jamolson
Path Finder

So we found a work around for those interested.
We used the built in prompt function and use the effective_user_id and rest to make sure the prompt is sent directly to the user that ran the playbook.

import requests
import json
container_id=container.get("id")
effective_id = phantom.get_effective_user()
r = requests.get("https://127.0.0.1/rest/ph_user/" + str(effective_id),verify=False)
result = json.loads(r.content)
user = str(result['username'])
message = """Prompt Message."""

phantom.prompt(container=container, user=user, message=message, respond_in_mins=10, name="prompt_1", callback=add_comment_6)

This seems to work well, if anyone has found a better way please share.

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@jamolson - Assuming you don't mind, I cleaned up the markup so your solution renders like code. Also, thanks so much for posting and accepting your own answer! Others will now benefit from your efforts!

0 Karma

jamolson
Path Finder

Absolutely, I have not responded to many questions so I was not sure how to tag the lines to do that.
Thank you very much.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...