Getting Data In

splunkd: error while loading shared libraries: ld-linux-armhf.so.3

hgehrts_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi

I have a Synology NAS (RS212) with an ARM Processor (mv6282) but I can't get the ARM Forwarder to work. I get the Error Message above when I try to start it:

bash-3.2# ./splunk start
/volume1/opt/splunkforwarder/bin/splunkd: error while loading shared libraries: ld-linux-armhf.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/volume1/opt/splunkforwarder/bin/splunkd: error while loading shared libraries: ld-linux-armhf.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Splunk> CSI: Logfiles.
Checking prerequisites...
Checking mgmt port [8089]: /volume1/opt/splunkforwarder/bin/splunkd: error while loading shared libraries: ld-linux-armhf.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Any Ideas?

BR
Henning

0 Karma

gmartins_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

it's trying to call a libc that does not exist. Or better: it's calling a libc that exists but it's not under the name the splunk executable expects.
this one is actually easy to fix. You need to create a symbolic link so the library ld-linux.so.3 also answer as ld-linux-armhf.so.3:

ln -s /lib/ld-linux.so.3 /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3

Then problem solved. Assuming the architecture of your NAS is at least ARMv6 it will work beautifully. My synology unfortunately is ARMv5 so I get an "illegal instruction" error when I run the splunk executable. Check the architecture with:

uname -a
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...