Getting Data In

servers time validation

efaundez
Path Finder

good morning

Is there a way to validate the time of the current splunk servers? Let me explain, during these days there will be a time change so the servers should update their time automatically, but I have seen over time that not all servers are correctly patched, for example a universal forwarder sends certain data and the sourcetype was configured like current_time, this would cause events to arrive either late or early.

Currently I have this query to validate the time of the servers but I do not know if it is correct.

| metadata type = hosts index = _internal
| search host = splunk *
| eval recent_time = Now () - recentTime
| eval r_time = strftime (recentTime, "% m /% d /% and% H:% M:% S")
| table host r_time

Any information is appreciated

Regards

Labels (3)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I haven’t had splunk in my hands now to check this, but I suppose that metadata recentTime is splunk server time not the UF time? If you want to check UF’s time then just look event’s _time from _internal and use also %z to see that time zone is correct and time conversion has done right.
r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...