Getting Data In

Help with LINE_BREAKING

a212830
Champion

hI,

I have a file that appears to break correctly in the data preview, but after I index it, it's not appearing correctly. (All on a stand-alone server).

The file is this:

[INFO] Root WebApplicationContext: initialization started
[INFO] Refreshing Root WebApplicationContext: startup date [Fri Oct 16 10:49:27 EDT 2015]; root of context hierarchy
[INFO] Loading XML bean definitions from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/frf-modeler-servlet.xml]
[INFO] Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [application-context.xml]
[INFO] Pre-instantiating singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@6d50ff26: defining beans [modelerEngineController,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalConfigurationAnnotationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalAutowiredAnnotationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalRequiredAnnotationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalCommonAnnotationProcessor,exportController,layoutServiceController,viewNameTranslator,org.springframework.web.servlet.view.BeanNameViewResolver#0,stringHttpMessageConverter,formHttpMessageConverter,jsonMessageConverter,byteArrayMessageConverter,jsonpHttpMessageConverter,multipartResolver,exceptionResolver,jsonView,com.fmrco.asts.frf.rest.spring.FRFAnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter#0,filterService,documentFormatter,configFilter,propertyConfigurer,gridExportUtil,mvcContentNegotiationManager,org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerMapping#0,org.springframework.format.support.FormattingConversionServiceFactoryBean#0,org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter#0,org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.MappedInterceptor#0,org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ExceptionHandlerExceptionResolver#0,org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.ResponseStatusExceptionResolver#0,org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.support.DefaultHandlerExceptionResolver#0,org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.BeanNameUrlHandlerMapping,org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.HttpRequestHandlerAdapter,org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter,jsonProcessService,treeCreationService,zipService,pomHandlerService,webXmlHandlerService,archiveTreeService,generalIOStreamProcessor,componentWithMetaDataBuilder,pomHandlerServiceImplHelper,org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassPostProcessor.importAwareProcessor]; root of factory hierarchy
[splunk@vc2cmmka023053n fpcms]$ head -10 catalina.out
[INFO] Root WebApplicationContext: initialization started
[INFO] Refreshing Root WebApplicationContext: startup date [Fri Oct 16 10:49:27 EDT 2015]; root of context hierarchy
[INFO] Loading XML bean definitions from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/frf-modeler-servlet.xml]

My props is:

set by detected source type

ANNOTATE_PUNCT=false
DATETIME_CONFIG = CURRENT
KV_MODE = auto
LINE_BREAKER = ([\r\n]+)([ERROR]|[INFO]|[DEBUG])
MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD=150
SHOULD_LINEMERGE=false
pulldown_type=1

When I preview it, it looks fine, but once I index it, it breaks very strangely. Any suggestions?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jmallorquin
Builder

Hi,

The events in the example are correct? I see that not all of them have time stamp.

You sould identifie when start and ends a event and what timestamp do you want to setup.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jmallorquin
Builder

Use this props.conf configuration

DATETIME_CONFIG=CURRENT
SHOULD_LINEMERGE=false
NO_BINARY_CHECK=true
LINE_BREAKER=([\r\n]+)(\[ERROR\]|\[INFO\]|\[DEBUG\])\s+
0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Tweak: LINE_BREAKER=([\r\n]+)\[(ERROR|INFO|DEBUG)\]\s+
I think that does the same but might be easier to read.

0 Karma

a212830
Champion

They don't have a timestamp, so I'm using the DATETIME_CONFIG statement and I want it to break on [INFO], [ERROR], [DEBUG] at the beginning of any line.

0 Karma

jmallorquin
Builder

Hi,

The events in the example are correct? I see that not all of them have time stamp.

You sould identifie when start and ends a event and what timestamp do you want to setup.

Regards,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...