Getting Data In

Datetime.xml - extracting hour that does not exist

twkan
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello all,

I have a series of logs that looks like this:

200312,111523  -> this means 20 March 2012, 11:15:23 am
200312,53344  -> this means 20 March 2012, 05:33:44 am (note that the first 0 is missing in the hour)
200312,1428 -> this means 20 March 2012, 00:14:28 am (note that the first two 00 are missing in the hour)

I have already written the datetime.xml to cater for the first two scenarios. But for the 3rd one where the hour is totally missing, how do I cater for this on my datetime.xml?

Has anyone managed to think of a way to 'substitue' 00 as the hour if it's missing from the logs itself?

Thanks for any insights.

0 Karma
1 Solution

twkan
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Okay, decided to write a script to pad the time with zeros before being indexed by Splunk.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

twkan
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Okay, decided to write a script to pad the time with zeros before being indexed by Splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...