Deployment Architecture

One of the SHC member is going up and down every 5 mins in UI but shows running fine on backend CLI.

sohailmohammed
Explorer

On of the SHC member is going up and down every 5 mins. KV Store is stuck at starting first and then it is stuck at intial sync.

The member is running fine from backend and going to up and down in the search head clustering page. I did try splunk restart on that member server and then the KV are rebuilding and getting stuck at each phase first at starting and now at the inital sync.

Any help/inputs appreciated @rbal_splunk 

Thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sohailmohammed
Explorer

The solution to the above issue was to create ssl cert that fixed it although my internal certs for the server were not expired.

I just recreated the certs on all SHC members and did the kv store clean up on the one which was stuck.

And it got resynched in 20 mins 🙂

Recreating certs with ./splunk createssl
To check expiration:
openssl x509 -enddate -noout -in /opt/splunk/etc/auth/server.pem

cd /opt/splunk/etc/auth && /opt/splunk/bin/splunk createssl server-cert -d . -n server

View solution in original post

sohailmohammed
Explorer

The solution to the above issue was to create ssl cert that fixed it although my internal certs for the server were not expired.

I just recreated the certs on all SHC members and did the kv store clean up on the one which was stuck.

And it got resynched in 20 mins 🙂

Recreating certs with ./splunk createssl
To check expiration:
openssl x509 -enddate -noout -in /opt/splunk/etc/auth/server.pem

cd /opt/splunk/etc/auth && /opt/splunk/bin/splunk createssl server-cert -d . -n server

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you couldn’t found any reason from Splunk’s internal logs and/or splunk support couldn’t help you, I propose that remove that node from SHC and then reinstall and join it as a new member to this SHC. Of course you should look also OS-level logs too.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...