Dashboards & Visualizations

line of threshold in timechart graph

faribole
Path Finder

My request is simple

sourcetype="mysourcetype" login OK | timechart count by host

I want to visualize the threshold value, so i add a field thresold with value of 350

My new request is :

sourcetype="mysourcetype" login OK | eval threshold=350 | timechart count max(threshold) by host

but I have 10 host and splunk is drawing 10 superposed lines of threshold or i want to show only one line at 350

how can i do this ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

faribole
Path Finder

in Overlay section, it prupose me 10 max(threshold), one per host.
I choose one but it didn't change the graph

View solution in original post

0 Karma

faribole
Path Finder

in Overlay section, it prupose me 10 max(threshold), one per host.
I choose one but it didn't change the graph

0 Karma

DMohn
Motivator

Try changing the query as suggested below by @whrg

sourcetype="mysourcetype" login OK | timechart count by host | eval threshold=350

Then go to Format => Chart Overlay => Overlay and choose the threshold field. This will display a line in your chart.

0 Karma

DMohn
Motivator

You have to format the visualization...

Go to Format => Chart Overlay => Overlay and choose your threshold field as overlay parameter.

whrg
Motivator

Also, I would move the eval expression to the end of the search query. Something like this:

sourcetype="mysourcetype" login OK | timechart count by host | eval threshold=350

faribole
Path Finder

This is the good request.
Thanks

0 Karma

DMohn
Motivator

Could you please accept the answer as correct if it helped you?

0 Karma

DMohn
Motivator

You are totally right here 🙂 Makes even more sense!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...