Dashboards & Visualizations

Inserting whitespace in an app's nav menu?

ftk
Motivator

I want to have some whitespace between some of my menu items in the nav of my app. I would like something along the lines of this:

Menu1   Menu2   Menu3                 Menu4

In my nav definition XML I have tried using a <divider /> between my </collection> <collection>, but this only adds another menu titled "------" to the nav. Using &nbsp; makes Splunk complain about invalid XML.

How can I accomplish this?

0 Karma
1 Solution

John_Mark
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I found this link - does it help?

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-fop-users/200406.mbox/%3C40C5E61C.9040304@hotma...

From that link:

Line Feed           &#xA;
Carriage Return     &#xD;
space character     &#x20;
Non-breaking space  &#xA0;

View solution in original post

John_Mark
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I found this link - does it help?

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-fop-users/200406.mbox/%3C40C5E61C.9040304@hotma...

From that link:

Line Feed           &#xA;
Carriage Return     &#xD;
space character     &#x20;
Non-breaking space  &#xA0;

ftk
Motivator

Using &#xA0; in front of the menu name (Menu4 in my example) works very well. Thanks!

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should probably use CSS for this rather than XML.

ftk
Motivator

I agree -- may yet switch to that.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...