Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard single and rangemap

preben12
Communicator

How can I make use of the rangemap when my search returns statis values like [OK or ERROR or WARN] and display a single value with a icon for each ERROR = server, OK = low and WARN = guarded.

Somehow I have to translate the ERROR ect. to a number to make use of rangemap i guess ?

The search = index=something | sort - _time
The search returns a status and a timestamp where only the resent value should count.

Normally the single value works like this :

<single>
        <searchString>| stats count as value | eval value = 550 | rangemap field=value none=0-99 low=100-199 guarded=200-299 elevated=300-399 high=400-499 severe=500-599 default=none</searchString>
        <earliestTime>-15m</earliestTime>
        <latestTime>now</latestTime>
        <option name="classField">range</option>
        <option name="field">value</option>
    </single>
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ziegfried
Influencer

You can use the eval command to translate values using the if() or case() functions. For example

index=something | sort - _time | eval range=case(status == "OK", "low", status == "WARN", "guarded", status == "ERROR", "severe")

View solution in original post

ziegfried
Influencer

You can use the eval command to translate values using the if() or case() functions. For example

index=something | sort - _time | eval range=case(status == "OK", "low", status == "WARN", "guarded", status == "ERROR", "severe")

preben12
Communicator

perfect !!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...