We have some issues while implementing the Websphere app module in splunk.
1) Our profile directory doesn't contain the word profiles can this be an issue ?
2) Where can we find the logs of the WebsphereBase application ? We did a search and could not find any traces of errors in the log.
3) If we leave the JMX option unchecked the data is saved but we can't find any indication that it is indexing the profiledirectory => Logs/properties files etc...
4) When we did the configuration step we filled in all the fields (while we enabled the JMX option) and we encountered the following error while trying to save the configuration.
What could be the issue ?
In handler 'localapps': WAS profile not found. Uncheck the inputs and leave the path of server profile blank.
5) How can you index multiple Was instances /profiles on the same host. ( Our Was instances even use different binaries sets, thus they are completed isolated from other was instances on the host) ?
... View more