How do I configure a vSphere VM (Windows Server 2016) for a SPLUNK deployment?
So far I have done the following:
• 12 vCPU
• 12 GB of RAM
• Full reservations for vCPU and vRAM (No CPU and memory overcommit)
• Use VMware Tools in the guest VM
• Use VMXNET3 network adapter
How do I check or configure these settings?
• Raw volumes may provide slight improvements over VMFS
• Minimum 1200 random seek operations per second disk performance (sustained)
• Use VMware Paravirtual SCSI (PVSCSI) controller
• Provision virtual disks as Eager Zero Thick when not on an array that supports the appropriate VAAI primitives (“Write Same” and “ATS”)
• NFS and iSCSI disks are not recommended due to higher latency and file locking issues.
... View more