I'm trying to setup a distributed search. I have successfully added my search peers to the search head already.
The issue I have is when I use the web interface of Splunk, for the search head, I see that a few of my search peers have the (Replication status) of (Initial). I am not sure how to get these to have the status of (Successful).
To view my search peers, I went to the following location:
Manager > Distributed search > Search peers
Does anyone have an idea of I still need to do in order to get these statuses to change?
... View more
I'm trying to add search servers to my search head. I'm using the following command:
./splunk add search-server -host 10.160.26.135:8089 -auth y:xxx -remoteUsername y -remotePassword xxx
I get the following error message after entering that command:
An error occurred:
Error while sending public key to search peer https://10.160.26.135:8089: Connect timed out.
I verified the following:
1) Splunk is running on both the local and remote machines.
2) The user ID's and passwords are correct.
3) I am able to ssh into the remote machine without a problem.
4) The password for both the local and remote machines are not changeme.
5) I am running the command on the local machine that I expect to the be search head.
6) Within the local server.conf, I have set the following under [general]: allowRemoteLogin=always
Has anyone encounterd this error before? Any ideas what might be causing this?
... View more